Track improvement works on the Blue line (S. Sebastião section)
From 11 to 15 August, due to track improvement works on the Blue line (Praça de Espanha – S. Sebastião section), the Parque, S. Sebastião (Blue line), Praça de Espanha and Jardim Zoológico stations will be closed and trains will only run between:
– Reboleira «-» Laranjeiras;
– Marquês de Pombal (Blue line) «-» Santa Apolónia.
Laranjeiras and Marquês de Pombal (Blue line) stations remain open from 6:30 a.m. to 01:00 a.m., with the following service changes:
– Departure platform towards Reboleira – in operation;
– Departure platform towards Santa Apolónia – terminal platform.
Sebastião (Blue line)
– North Atrium remains open with access to the Red line, street elevator and Shopping Centre (El Corte Inglês).
– South Atrium closed – access to the Shopping Centre (Eel Corte Inglês) closed.
Note: S. Sebastião station (Red line) remains in operation.
Marquês de Pombal (Blue line)
– South Atrium (Liberdade Av. / Alexandre Herculano St.) – closed;
– Departure platform towards Reboleira – closed;
– Departure platform towards Santa Apolónia – in operation for departures and arrivals.
On August 10 (Wednesday), trains will run as normal until closing time (01:00 a.m.) and normal service will resumed in the entire Blue line on August 16 (Tuesday).
Sebastião station on the Red line will maintain normal service and working hours.
During this period, the ticket offices and Navegante points of sale in Jardim Zoológico station are closed. To pick up your Lisboa viva card (requested in this station), please go to the Express Lisboa Viva office in Marquês de Pombal station. For issues related to the Navegante, please go to the other Navegante points of sale in Entre Campos and Alameda (Red line) stations.
Passengers are advised to use the following Carris bus line alternatives until normal metro service is restored:
– 746 | M. Pombal – Est. Damaia
– 726 | Sapadores – Pontinha (Centro).
Information about the works in progress:
What is being done?
Works to improve the railway track between Praça de Espanha and S. Sebastião I stations on Blue line.
The following infrastructures will be rehabilitated:
– Replacement of ballast track (crushed stone) with concrete track in part of the section, between Praça de Espanha and S. Sebastião I stations;
– Replacement of the track switch point that enables train directional maneuvers.
What are the benefits of this work?
This intervention will significantly improve the reliability of the train service on the Blue line.
Once the works are completed, the current service restriction will be lifted in this track section.
Deadline for completion:
We are improving the Blue line